Stress, when not taken seriously, can result in complicated issues concerning your physical and mental health. It can lead to depression especially in the case of unguarded and weak people. When you let your stress swallow you up, dictate how you spend each day, tell you what you can and cannot do, and drag you down, it can leave you with deep-rooted depression and anxiety.
Mental health matters. This has been very timely and relevant these days. Everyone should look after his or her mental health as how they should do with their physical health. This is for the reason that mental health is as important as physical health. This encompasses your emotional, psychological, and social well-being. That is why when left untreated or ignored, this can have negative consequences on your well-being.
There is a wide array of activities which can help you de-stress. There are creative outlets, for instance, which you can try to engage yourself in that will surely help you if not eliminate, assuage the stress you have been dealing with.
Taking part in creative outlets helps reduce the depression and anxiety for it becomes the expression of stress from one’s body. Artistic expression does help you reduce your depression and anxiety especially when you reach that point where hopelessness, negativity, worthlessness, and restlessness already invaded your system. It is your responsibility to put yourself out of that stressful situation by doing something productive. By that we mean, you can try doing some creative stuff which can divert your attention and help you relieve your stress. Not only that you can reduce your depression and anxiety, but you can also express your emotions through arts.
Apart from creative outlets which, I am a hundred percent sure that you might have tried already before, reading Bible verses can also assist you with dealing stress and eventually relieving it. These verses can be your litany against stress. These verses can help you calm yourself. These give you the assurance you need that God will be with you in your journey through battling whatever you are going through.
The following are the calming Bible verses which I have rounded up for you:
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
- Psalms 103:8 “The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.”
- Psalms 103:11 “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.”
- Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
- Jeremiah 31:3 “The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
- Psalms 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Isaiah 54:10 “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord , who has compassion on you.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
- Psalms 73:26 “My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
- Psalms 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
Just a bit of a story why I decided to share these soothing Bible verses with you all. I cannot remember the exact date but I am a hundred percent sure that it was a month ago, when I was dealing with anxiety. This was caused by a series of events which really placed me in a situation where the only thing I can do is to worry and overthink. I know this is nothing new to those who have been dealing with their anxiety attacks or depression and it is nothing compared to that of what they had experienced. So, I remember scrolling down through my Facebook and came across this person who always celebrates the goodness of the Lord Jesus. The next thing I knew, I was asking for some soothing Bible verses which can help anyone with calming themselves and if luckier enough, relieve stress eventually.
The mystery person I am referring to sent me these bunch of soothing Bible verses which I thought at first glance, were just verses celebrating the power and the glory of God. Well, that was my impression. The realness of each of the lines has started to take effect in me, when piece by piece, I was able to shoo away every bit of negative thought that was trying to invade my very being. To that mystery person whom I opted not to name here for some reasons, thank you very much for sharing with me these magical and powerful verses. As I publish this post, my only wish is that, may your passion for bringing the Word of God to people be as strong as the person that these verses can transform.
With that I can therefore tell you that Bible verses can absolutely strengthen every thread of faith you have in God. Though it may sound ironic since the next word I am going to use is derived from another religion, these bible verses can be your mantra against stress and anxiety. These can be hymns for stress relief and your everyday litany when you feel like your stress is going to swallow you up.